Monday 29 June 2020

Day 29 Plant some wild seeds

Ensuring part of the garden has a wild feel to it has always been in my planning and with events this year I have now managed to fulfil my aims. Part of the front garden has a hedge and low wall with shallow soil as it is over a drain pipe. Any form of planting has been difficult so it seemed like the ideal place for some wild flowers.

After clearing the overgrown grass and edging the lawn I sowed a number of seeds.


Hopefully it will become a colourful place for wildlife. After just a few weeks progress is being made and it looks like this...


Lots of little seedlings already beginning to appear and hopefully by next year there will be a display like this one I walked past today.


So try and find a small patch of garden or a plant pot and sow some seeds to attract wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment